Subject: [Leica] Canon 5D
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon Oct 24 10:18:30 2005

Alan,

My experience with the 20D and long lenses was very positive, so I
assume the same will be the case with the 5D. My Leica 100mm and 180mm
were quite easy to focus even with the 20D's dim viewfinder. I don't
know if the 5D has interchangeable focusing screens--the 1D Mark 2 which
I just bought does, and I have just installed a screen with a focusing
aid in the center (the same one Tina uses). It makes a lot of difference
when using a shorter lens like the 1.4/50mm Summilux I have. But for
long lenses it does not matter that much, they are pretty easy to focus
either way.

Nathan