Subject: [Leica] RE: Inkjet Print Longevity
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Sat Oct 22 02:38:15 2005

My first photo printer was an Epson but it was unreliable and Epson
in the UK unhelpful so I changed to a Canon S9000(?). I was tidying a
pile of prints a while ago and noticed that where they were unevenly
stacked there was obvious fading on the edges of the prints had been
exposed compared to the part which was covered by the print on top. I
suppose if the whole print had been exposed and had faded evenly it
would be less obvious. One of the prints I have on display has faded
noticeably also, it is the only one in a glassless frame. Maybe
exposure to air is more detrimental to exposure to light, neither the
pile of prints nor the faded framed one were in bright locations and
never had direct sunlight on them.
Anyway I remain disappointed by the longevity and will be only
mounting prints with glass frames in future.
Frank