Subject: [Leica] RE: Inkjet Print Longevity
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sat Oct 22 09:44:09 2005

I'll be very interested in how a Epson Ultrachrome photo that I've
printed and mounted will do. It's mounted on 1/2" gatorboard and
"floats" above a wall that gets a great deal of indirect and a bit of
direct sunlight. It's 36 x 52 and sits in the dining room where
clerestory windows provide southern lightt. In the summer it never
gets direct sun but in the winter it will although there is more
cloud-cover in the winter and, of course, the light is filtered
through a lot more atmosphere.

Still, this method of display is vastly cheaper than framing the image
under glass.

I'm not certain how well a traditional color image would do under
these circumstances but this experiment will be interesting.

I am generally quite happy with how the ultrachromes have handled
themselves, even not under glass, on matte paper.

Adam

Message from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] RE: Inkjet Print Longevity)