Subject: [Leica] New Apple software, Aperture
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Thu Oct 20 17:11:31 2005

One of my brothers is a programmer who worked on Aperture; I'm sure he'll be
able to get me an employee discount on a copy.

I can't imagine that I will change from Photoshop no matter how good
Aperture is, because I've spent 15 years learning how to use Photoshop and
it's now just part of my nervous system. Same reason I use EMACS to edit
text files (if you don't know what I mean by that, just ignore it).

But I promise to use it long enough to file a report. My brother is damn
good at what he does, so I'm sure that Aperture will be a great product with
lots of awesome automated features. But I know how to do all of that stuff
in Photoshop already, and I have Photoshop, and I have 50 thousand .psd
files here and there around my disks.

Replies: Reply from ericm at pobox.com (Eric) ([Leica] New Apple software, Aperture)
Reply from jplaurel at spectare.com (Jim Laurel) ([Leica] New Apple software, Aperture)
Reply from mattmorgan1 at mac.com (Matt Morgan) ([Leica] New Apple software, Aperture)