Subject: [Leica] New Apple software, Aperture
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Wed Oct 19 17:12:07 2005

I spent some time looking at the preview stuff on the Apple site this
afternoon - if it's half as good as it looks, "will not be pleased" is a
gross understatement. This software lets you work in raw all the way through
the process, and sends the raw file with your editing "instructions" to the
printer, saving an untouched raw file. It means, among other things, that if
you want a color tiff, and a black and white tiff, rather than saving three
full files on your disk, you are saving the original raw and two sets of
instructions, saving an enormous amount of storage space.

Of course Apple is recommending a Power Mac G5 with dual processors and 2
gigs of memory as the ideal set up for this software. ;-)