Subject: [Leica] seeing in B&W
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Wed Oct 12 19:52:45 2005

Allow me to BS a little bit. With a sample of two, it is clear that some
people (e.g. my wife) sees/hears/sings/... in color. Names have colors to
her. Songs have colors. OTOH, with other people (e.g. me), while I am not
color blind technically, I don't notice colors much. In fact, I don't
notice details much, in that sense. As in, if she asks me "what did our
daughter wear to school," chances are I wouldn't be able to answer. Forms,
lines, textures, expressions, those I notice more.

For these reasons, I much prefer Tina's work in B&W. For the same reasons,
I am really happy that I can shoot B&W again lately. It's a lot of fun.

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] seeing in B&W)
Reply from sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner) ([Leica] seeing in B&W - now, slightly OT)