Subject: [Leica] Bags again! New company - Kiesel
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Oct 12 18:49:43 2005

Another day another bag.
Enjoying the vast new resource of being an inside member of the Photo
District News website as I spent a half an hour entering my inner most
personal info as I subscribe to the thing. The thing I want to know is: Is
there still a Photo District? I know there's a Photo District Gallery and I
know where THAT is from Mapquest. And how many hundreds of dollars a square
foot for a rundown loft space IN that area. With rats crawling over you. And
a computer which knows Gordon Gekko's birthday. John Szarkowski maybe.

So I'm looking at the website and its talking about a new bag. Kind of like
an old Domke bag which isn't' made any more. That got my interest. A big
boxy thing any pro world want to keep his flotsam and jetsam in.
Not me though. Never heard of that.
But I looked at what else they got and they look really cool and well made
and cheap cheap cheap. Half of what I'm used to paying for Domke and LowePro
and Crumpler.

As many side bags I've got which often seem not quite right for whatever I'm
planning on doing the key to luggage in this Millenium I'm finally figuring
out is what you see everybody and the sidewalk toting. A backpack. The
reason being half the time you just want the thing to be completely out of
the way as you cruise down the sidewalk. You want it gone. Not hanging off
your side. And hanging over your shoulder you practically look like the
cover of a fashion magazine. Certainly like a fish in water. None of the
backpack camera bags I've seen have been quite right at all. Too big  too
small and they look like photo back packs too much and not like a regular
back back. As they walk behind you you become a target. And all around
really bad design on the inside. And too big. Did I say that already?
I found the perfect packback bag I think for Leica M from these guys and I
just ordered it right from the company.
TR300 Backpack Style Camera Bag : [ Black ]
All their bags are any color you want as long as it's black.
I kind of like that. They look great on my screen. Not so smart ordering
bags on the internet maybe but for for 79.99 how much off can I be?
I'd figure a bag like that would have to cost at least 80 bucks.
:) make that 180usd. For sure 180 they look to me check it out yourself.
More than that even. What a deal!
http://www.kieselbags.com/shop/product.aspx?id=16
This is the mid sized bag there are two bigger ones. None smaller.

Interior Dimensions :
??? 10.25"(W) x 4.5"(D) x 13"(H)
Exterior Dimensions :
??? 11.5"(W) x 8"(D) x 14.5"(H)
Features :
 ???Made with 1200D Ballistic Nylon
 ???Soft, Brushed Lining
 ???Molded, Rubberized Handle
 ???Removable Shoulder Strap

Very Leicalike if you ask me.
Except it appears to be a lot of bang for your buck.

I see they're in?San Diego. A great place to be from. Live and make bags.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/