Subject: [Leica] Black and White
From: pswango at att.net (pswango@att.net)
Date: Wed Oct 12 12:37:05 2005

Tina, I prefer the color ones.  When I first looked I thought I'd like the
BW because it's more "traditional" for this kind of work, but I think the
color is important here.  First, it's how you "saw" the images when you were
shooting, so it conveys some of your immediate response.  Second, people in
this culture obviously use color to animate their lives.  It's totally a
part of who they are.  And I agree with Luis that shooting in BW is diferent
from shooting in color and converting later.  I don't think of color as
arbitrary or capricious.  It's part of the form, IMO.