Subject: [Leica] DMR Battery Life
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Mon Oct 10 09:04:59 2005

2005-10-09-19:03:56 B. D. Colen:
> Well said, John. For those who are buying the DMR not because it is made by
> Leica, but because it is the best digital tool they can find for the way
> they shoot, you've hit the proverbial nail squarely on the head.

Indeed.  It's more than a little horrific how much the DMR costs, but...
there's something I really love about the way pictures taken through my
Leica glass look, and for whatever reason I haven't had much luck
getting wide-open manual focus not to be a little bit off when I've
strapped R lenses on an EOS digital body.  It's probably my fault for
not sending both the 10D and 20D to be recalibrated or something, but
there you are.  Add in that one of the reasons I don't really take to
SLRs as much as I do to rangefinders is the SLR "tunnel vision"
phenomenon -- you can't see any context around the image frame while
working -- and the way the DMR uses an R8/R9 focusing screen with a
frameline rather than a black mask is really compelling to me.  Can't
wait for mine to come back from Allendale where its companion R8 is
being taught to embrace the new, rather than being such an old fogey.

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] DMR Battery Life)
Message from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] DMR Battery Life)