Subject: [Leica] Which scanner
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat Oct 8 06:05:29 2005

Bill,

Not true. Scanner technology has been standing still (more or less) for
the past several years. As people convert to digital capture, the market
for film scanners is declining, and nobody invests in it anymore. The
impact on prices has been quite dramatic--you can pick up a good film
scanner for 500 Euros/dollars these days.

If David shoots mostly 35mm, then it is far better to buy a proper film
scanner. A flatbed will always be a compromise.

Nathan