Subject: [Leica] Foto with my IIIf and Voigtlander 35mm
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Tue Sep 27 11:31:43 2005

David Cochran wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I got today my prints from last saturday's outing with my new Skopar
> Classic 35mm.
>
> I did not have a 35mm viewfinder so i just lucky guessed it through the
> camera's 50mm finder.
>
> The film is showing streaks on bright areas, although they are
> intermitent. My guess is that it is the curtain..I don't know. After all
> I will have to send the camera for check-up.
>
> Here it is....

> peace

David,

those sort of streaks look like the printer. I presume that you had them
printed
off while they were being developed.

Look at the negs with a loupe and see if you can see the streaks on the negs
of
the prints. If it is actually the shutter mechanism, or something in the
guide
they should be present on most - if not all - the negs of the film.

Don't forget that if it is a camera fault in the shutter or similar, that is
something that you don't touch or adjust so such a fault must be clearly
present
on most of pictures.

If it is the camera it looks to me like something would have to be causing
the
emulsion to streak, which would mean that you might be looking at something
pressing on the emulsion. Try taking the lens off (with camera empty) and
doing
a time exposure to see if there is anything obvious intruding into the film
space from the shutter or the space behind.

The other thing that you might try is a quick blast with an air gun (from a
distance of over a foot or so, never directly into the mechanism), from
beneath
with the baseplate removed.

Lastly try a GENTLE but firm shake with the baseplate off to see if you can
dislodge anything.

Now try a roll of Kodak Gold or some standard colour film and get it C41
processed somewhere you habve never been before.

If none of this sorts your problem then wrap your IIIf lovingly in bubble
wrap
and send it to SHerry or someone who the LUG recommends for IIIFs in your
area -
and good luck.

Peter Dzwig

BTW - where did you take the photos I like it anyway

Replies: Reply from cochranpr at mac.com (David Cochran) ([Leica] Foto with my IIIf and Voigtlander 35mm)
Reply from jblack at ambio.net (John Black) ([Leica] Foto with my IIIf and Voigtlander 35mm)