Subject: [Leica] a couple of questions regarding scanning..........
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Thu Sep 22 00:23:13 2005

On 9/22/05, Bill Smith <wrs111445@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks to Daniel for your reply/ advice. A couple of questions:
> I guess you have no differance in quality between CD-RW and DVD?

Digitally, no. The only difference in quality could be if the person
scanning reasoned "I have so much more room to store scans, I'll save
them at higher resolutions on DVD." But I doubt that they think like
that.

> Also there is no
> differance in quality between CD-RW and negative?

D?rom tvistar de l?rda ... "not as crystal clear".

This is my own personal experience, ok?

I have a darkroom, Leitz V35 enlarger for 35mm, Durst for larger formats.

I could go out and print my negatives or I could continue scanning
them in and printing them out on inkjet.

I choose to scan them in and print them out with an inkjet printer.
The quality of _my_ (note: my) prints from the darkroom are lower than
the quality I get from scans. I simply lack the patience to piddle
around all day to get a good print. I'd rather piddle around with
Photoshop, get it right, and then be able to produce several prints of
the same quality easily. But that's just me.

Now if your service provider, you lab, has a very good printer, than
possibly the print from the negative will be better than the scan. But
to tell the truth, I don't think it works like that anymore. In a lot
of places, even if you give them a negative, they print from a scan.

Not very clear now was it?

Best,
Daniel

 If the answer to last question