Subject: [Leica] New Friday Flower
From: ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Fri Sep 9 20:00:03 2005

You flatter me. Thanks.

On Sep 9, 2005, at 5:37 PM, Julian Koplen wrote:

> Your pictures have a way of looking good, no matter what the
> subject.  They
> are both sharp and delicate at the same time.  Is it the Reala?

I switched to slower films when I went to Leica a few years ago. 100
ISO is 80% of what I use now. I think I see that difference.

> Fast
> shutter speeds?

No. I often shoot at 1/15-1/30. I'm finding 1/8 doable now, too.
Leica plus Abrahamsson Softrelease.

> Your processing?

A good Eckerd Drug (Cameron Village, Raleigh)

>   Or you just shoot 'em like you see 'em?

Don't we all? it's not fair to move it unless you're in the studio,
right??

> Either way, they have this common property that I've tried to describe
> above.

I really feel that what you are talking about has a lot to do with a
Summicron look. I don't understand it. I do know that when I started
using Leica, I rediscovered the 50mm. Though I do think the look
extends to other focal lengths.

Thanks again.