Subject: [Leica] I really disagree with this policy
From: wooderson at gmail.com (Matt Powell)
Date: Mon Sep 5 22:53:45 2005

I don't have a problem with this. These people have been through a
tragedy greater than most of us could ever know - the last thing they
deserve is a hobbyist poking a camera in their face to get some keen
shots of their misery.

This doesn't sound like it's about sanitizing coverage but about basic
decency and respect.

If you go rangefinderforum.com right now, their highlighted photo is a
mindless snapshot of a young impoverished 'Gipsy' woman. I can't
imagine the mindset that elevates misery tourism into art. (the first
and best thing I ever read on LUG were the Ten Commandments, esp.
'thou shalt not photograph the homeless, buy 'em a sandwich')

--
MP
wooderson@gmail.com

Replies: Reply from ericm at pobox.com (Eric) ([Leica] I really disagree with this policy)