Subject: [Leica] Blue Grouse now KODACHROME WOES
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Mon Sep 5 20:20:23 2005

on 9/5/05 6:47 PM, Aram Langhans at dnaplasmid@compwrx.com wrote:

> Doug.  What film processing hastles?  I just got more KChrome back from
> Costco and it is scratched.  It seems like all my KChrome I send in through
> them comes back scratched.  The E6 stuff is just fine, so I know it is not
> my camera.  What gives?  Are you having that problem.  Is there any place
> else that will develop Kodachrome?
>
> Aram

Aram, the retailer I'd been using decided to drop their E6 and K14
processing to concentrate on C-41 in-house... of course I didn't hear about
this until I'd sent another few rolls out (one K-chrome, 2 E6).  So.. the
time comes to return the slides and the contract with the retailer has
expired.  Nowhere to send 'em.  A few phone calls back and forth between
Qualex and myself, and we find another nearby retailer they're supposed to
be sent to.  Trouble is Qualex dropped the ball and forgot to tell the
shipping dudes where the slides are supposed to go.  This I don't find out
until a week later, when I call again.  These three rolls are supposed to be
delivered this week, four weeks after I dropped 'em off.  I'll believe it
when I see it.  (they're more Blue Grouse photos along with a few other
things.)

The new retailer is now saying their send-out business is so slim they only
get deliveries a few times a week.  I'll use up my stock of k-chrome and
I'll always back it up with E6, processed locally.  I cut my photographic
teeth on K-chromes but I'm not buying any more of it.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

NO ARCHINVE