Subject: [Leica] Leica MDigital
From: datamaster at northcoastphotos.com (Gary Todoroff)
Date: Sat Sep 3 13:00:03 2005

B.D. said:

<<Frankly, it may be argued, if we want to be traditional photography
'purists,' that rather than add such a feature, we should be removing the
LCD entirely. >>

No, B.D., if we were "purists" we would have pulled the dark-slide and stood
next to the camera with some flash powder held above our heads!

Same way as we would be saying that a "purist" driver would never venture
forth without his faithful buggy whip.

The photograph is what counts. Anything allowing the photographer more
creativity to that end is good. Ted - I appreciate that a histogram may not
make much sense in a fast action shot. However, a difficult lighting scene
can be instantly previewed with a histogram without needing a spot meter. I
don't need to even understand the Zone System to intuitively know how the
final print will look from the spread of values across the histogram.

Again, it's just another tool - use it or not. In any case, my own
creativity has expanded dramatically as I learn to use the many tools
offered by digital cameras, INCLUDING the LCD finder and histogram!

Gary Todoroff
(Tree LUGger)