Subject: [Leica] Leica MDigital
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Fri Sep 2 17:47:20 2005

I've been thinking about this during the afternoon and I'm not sure
what would be gained because you'd LOSE focus. Unless you're going to
shoot stopped way down there's not going to be a way to focus - well
maybe an APPROXIMATE focus  - but the entire advantage of having a
rangefinder is lost if you use the camera in this way.

For me the lenses on my M's might as well be stuck on f2 (I can't
afford the f1.4 or f1.0's <grin>) because its shooting wide-open that
makes the Leica optics worth their enormous $$$'s.

So while it might be a "nice" feature, it's not a value-added one to
me. Today  you can tell a photographer because they're stand with the
camera held up high - arms stretched out - framing through the LCD.

Adam