Subject: [Leica] "Who Cares" photo
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Mon Aug 29 13:40:31 2005

On Aug 29, 2005, at 1:07 PM, B. D. Colen wrote:
> Neil - It strikes me that this one is a good idea, but doesn't
> quite work.
> The problem is that you really have two photos here - a photo of a
> road
> race, and a photo of a little girl sticking her tongue out at you.
> Unfortunately, the two subjects are unrelated.

I agree with BD, though I suspect you tried to relate the two with
the  gratuitous title...

However if the two photos were really one, you wouldn't need the
title, as the photo would speak for itself...

I have noted that you tend to editorialize with your images, either
by adding a title(this case) , or with words included within the
image...

Don't you believe that may weaken strong images and weak images alike ?

Steve

> Were the little girl sticking
> her tongue out at the runners, or were she sticking it out at
> another child
> or adult in the photo, it would work. But this the fact that a
> child that
> age is more interested in someone pointing a camera in her
> direction than
> she is in a bunch of 'old people' running just doesn't say much.
>
> But I'm sure there will be many who'll disagree with me. ;-)

not me...Steve