Subject: [Leica] Jupiter-8 arrives
From: pswango at att.net (pswango@att.net)
Date: Sun Aug 28 22:25:15 2005

Thanks Greg, Jim, and Philippe for your comments on the Jupiter, on list and
off.  I'm really pleased with it.  The images I posted lost a little bit of
"pop" due to Smugmug's compression, but here at home they're pretty
impressive.  The lens is really user-friendly too.  It's about half the
weight of my '66 rigid Summicron and focusing is actually smoother and
quicker than the Summi.  I realize it's not competition for the best Leica
glass, but at less than 1 percent of the cost, how can you complain?
Anyway, it's a lot of fun -- kind of the LUG version of thrift shopping. ;-)