Subject: [Leica] OT NOLA Katrina
From: jls at runbox.com (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Sun Aug 28 13:19:38 2005

Thanks, Ted. I can't leave my wife behind, and she has faith in God that
we'll be safe. I don't see any of us dying. We may lose a roof, but we
are on high ground (relatively speaking). I'm below sea level, but I
have a second floor. The problem with evacuating is that the freeway is
moving at 5 mph and there is very little gasoline anywhere down here. If
I lived anywhere else in New Orleans, I'd have left. Most of my
neighbors have no cars and cannot leave. There is Live Oak Middle School
about 8 blocks from here. If I lose my roof, we will probably trudge
down there.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA