Subject: [Leica] Friday Flowers, why?
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Sun Aug 28 05:15:16 2005

In a message dated 8/26/2005 7:23:48 P.M.  Central Daylight Time,
ricc@mindspring.com writes:
What I've gotten from  Sonny and Friday Flowers is an outlet. Did
Sonny start this?   Let's face it, flowers aren't the hippest of subjects
among "pro
photogs."

----------------------------
I started Friday flowers on  the archivists list some time back, and as I
found, lots of people like flowers,  especially on a Friday, and even more
so as
the gloom of winter comes.

Since that list is also an international one, I get responses from the
Southern Hemisphere during their winter too.

Nice thing about living in  the South, I was able to find flowers every week
the whole year.

As far  as it not being hip, maybe, maybe not.  At least I get comment and
usually  700 to 1100 visits to my weekly offering.  The only subject that
comes
close to those numbers is cheerleaders.

I usually go out before work on  Friday and "pick" them fresh on the way to
work.  I may have spotted them  at other times, but I like the morning
light.

http://www.sonc.com/friday/index.html

Regards,
Sonny