Subject: [Leica] Elmarit 28mm (used) or Zeiss 28mm for M?
From: shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka)
Date: Thu Aug 25 10:13:02 2005

i just counted 22 leica lenses and not a one was purchased new.
of these, a 50 summicron was hazy and needed cleaning, a 560
6.8 had a stiff sliding focus, and a 135 elmarit eyes needed
adjustment.  maybe i've been lucky, but by sticking to the
regular gang of leica dealers, KEH, and the LUG itself, things
have worked out pretty well.  heck, i've even got stuff thru eb*y
and these transactions were good.  as  ex-post rationalization,
i'd guess leica equipment is very well made, and that the people who
own them tend to be responsible users.

coincidentally, the 28 elmarit was one of my very first used purchases,
probably close to 20 years ago from one of those dealers in the back
of the then-big-and-raggy shutterbug.  the 28 was and is a great lens,
which i don't use so much these days because most of my bodies have .92
and .85 finders.

-rei

--
Rei Shinozuka shino@panix.com