Subject: [Leica] ready to make tracks...
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed Aug 24 19:42:22 2005

Steve Barbour showed:

> citrus...follow up
>
> > http://www.leica-gallery.net/barbour/image-86750.html
> > http://www.leica-gallery.net/barbour/image-86751.html

Hi Steve,
My first reaction to the cut off shot was a kind of confusing effect with
her shoe laces and tubes.

Maybe it might have been better with all of her in the frame? I think this
is one of those you'd have to see it both ways side by each.

My reaction was "he cut her head off not to identify her in the picture."
But knowing the way you work I dismissed that immediately. Basically it just
doesn't seem to "be all there." I have a problem with her head not being
there and the tubes and laces mixed..

My first choice is the second, as it's alive, there appears to be an element
of excitement? A moment of waiting for someone to come see her. This one
has, a life feeling to it through her expression. it's like a child waiting
for someone, Mom, to come down the hall? But whatever it is, she is showing
an emotion and whatever it is it's a good one.

ted