Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 32: Driving around
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed Aug 24 19:26:39 2005

Nathan Wajsman showed the re-adjusted photo.
Subject: Re: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 32: Driving around

> Following Philippe's suggestion, I have revised the picture in questions
> to darken the cloud a bit:
> http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_32alt2.jpg
>
> I was a bit less radical than Philippe in his suggestion, because I tend
> to keep PS manipulation to a minimum. But this is kosher, it is like
> dodging and burning in the wet darkroom.<<<

Hi Nathan,
The cropped version has a better feel to it. I mean you can only do so much
contrast fiddling when you have a max grungy day like this.

I noticed some said they'd like to see more contrast, but I'm not sure that
would do anything because if this looks just like the day it was, certainly
with your slight up contrast version, I'd leave it right here and let it
stand as is. But without question your changed version is the better of the
two printings? postings? whatever. ? ;-)

tted

Replies: Reply from nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Nathan's PAW 32: Driving around)
Message from nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Nathan's PAW 32: Driving around)