Subject: [Leica] Old Rabbi Resting
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Tue Aug 23 22:20:10 2005

Neil,

What is special about this picture? It is an old Hassidic man, plenty of
those in New York. The image is not sharp, there is no eye contact, his
face is partly obscured by the fence, and the composition is not
particularly interesting. It reminds me of a picture of an exotic animal
in a zoo.

I realize that you probably found him interesting because of the way he
looks, but this kind of picture does not convey anything about him as a
person, nor about his environment.

Sorry to be so harsh--but remember that this is a critique of a photo,
not a criticism of you as a person.

Nathan