Subject: [Leica] #280
From: dennis at hale-pohaku.com (Dennis Painter)
Date: Sat Aug 20 15:17:02 2005

Very nice again.

I think  Leitz made a filter adapter that threaded into the Summitar's,
strange, filter thread. The adapter then took a standard E39 filter. You
might keep an eye out for a secondhand one.

Well, per MJS, it's for "slip-on" Summicron filters:
http://leica-users.org/v13/msg09603.html
but I am looking at a Leica catalog no. 36 that says the SNHOO/13078 is
for screw in type Summicron filters (that would be E39 thread)

MJS also mentions an Ednalite adapter for the Summitar that uses series
filters. I think the SNHOO/13078 adaptor should be your first choice.

Again, nice photo showing the Summitar in action.

Dennis

Replies: Reply from geebee at geebeephoto.com (GeeBee) ([Leica] #280)