Subject: [Leica] Was OH NO!....Now, lens characteristics...
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Mon Aug 15 12:26:01 2005

Good question, Kenneth, but I don't know of a place.

I think the "characteristics" mostly have to do with 1) contrast and
2) bokeh (let's not go there).

I focus mostly on contrast. When a lens flares, it loses all contrast
and color film looks like a water-color painting (faint). Black and
white flattens out.

But when they are at their best (when there's no flare), I suppose
sharpness matters ... in big prints. In normal sized prints, it
probably doesn't really matter.

Daniel