Subject: [Leica] OT digicams around CDN$500?
From: ccwlantz at worldnet.att.net (Carl Lantz)
Date: Fri Aug 12 09:27:50 2005

Tim:
I normally shoot with an M2 and a Rollei 3.5E2, but my wife thought
it was time I get into the digital world, not withstanding the film
scanners I already have.  She went to my camera shop and talked with
my camera guy and came away with the Canon 1SIS which is as near a
SLR as a P&S can get.  It has a full view eye level viewfinder image
and the ubiquitous flip-out screen.  With the screen closed, the
viewfinder is in operation; conversely, with the screen open,
viewfinder is off.  I can't stand those P&S where one must hold them
a foot in front of one's face and can't see anything for the sun
shining on the screen.  Besides, that is just not the way to use a
camera.  It is 3 megapixel with a nice long range zoom lens.  List is
about 350 USD.

Regards,
Carl Lantz