Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 30, Issue 217
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Thu Aug 11 20:00:53 2005

> Despite my kidding Doug yesterday, that 180 ED 2.8 Nikon lens is indeed a
> stunning piece of glass. I haven't used the Leica equivalent, but I would
> be
> quite surprised if it's any better, red dot or no red dot.

so B.D. is willing to claim the 180 ED is at least as good as the 180 APO,
despite never having used the APO.  I haven't given the 180 ED a decent
workout or test yet, and I haven't used the 180 f/2.8 APO so I'll reserve
judgement until I can make an objective comparison.  Meanwhile for $159 I
won't complain about the ED lens.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com