Subject: [Leica] Canon Anything vs. DMR (Now: Editing)
From: rbaron at concentric.net (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Wed Aug 10 16:42:43 2005

"Bill" <bill@photobynelsch.com> wrote:

> The biggest drawback at the moment is that when I shoot RAW (DNG) I am
> limited to using the Adobe Bridge/CS2 programs - Picasa does not recognize
> DNG - yet.  And Adobe is such a humongous program that is just takes too
> long for quick reviews and there is no easy way (at least that I have
> found)
> to batch convert the DNG's to jpgs so that they work on Picasa and for
> uploading to Smugmug.

The best and fastest reviewing program I have found is Photo Mechanic,
http://www.camerabits.com/  .  I copy the images on my compact flash
cards (shot in Canon RAW formats) to a folder on my hard drive and then
open the folder in Photo Mechanic for a quick review and edit before
going on to Photoshop.  Did I say it was fast?  It is really fast.  And
I believe it supports DNG files.  You can download a trial version to be
sure.

--Bob

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] Canon Anything vs. DMR (Now: Editing))