Subject: [Leica] Hot Hermes?
From: erik at avondel.com (Erik van der Meulen)
Date: Tue Aug 9 11:53:45 2005

A local Dutch auction-site had an add for a 'brand new Leica MP Hermes
with 50mm Summicron' for EUR 1500. This thing popped up some month ago
also, but was gone quite fast. Sounds like a good (as in: too good to be
true) deal right?
I mailed the seller asking him if it was sincere. An answer came within
an hour, pasted below.
Anyone any thoughts on how to handle this?

Thanks!

--
  Erik van der Meulen <e.van.der.meulen@avondel.nl>

----------------

--0-1612360711-1123604853=:51617

I will send you the item with DHL or UPS Compnay.
The item is brand new and will come in his original box with 3 year full
warranty.
The payment must go into my bank account:

last name: iurov
first name: george vladimir
IBAN account code: ro07bnrb250000055938eu01
swift code: bnrbrobu
bank name: OTP BANK Romania

Email me your full data for the ship and after i send u the sccaner invoice
from the shipping
to your adress and your name u will make the payment to my bank account
Thank you !

NobbyNoMates <nobbynomates1@gmail.com> wrote:

Ik heb enige maanden geleden ook al een bod gedaan op deze
advertentie. Toen is hij plotseling verdwenen. Is dit een serieuze
advertentie?
Alleen als dat het geval is, dan wil ik wel bieden.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Erik

Replies: Reply from nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Hot Hermes?)