Subject: [Leica] the MP rewind crank...
From: nathan.wajsman at (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun Aug 7 22:06:09 2005

I think for me the MP is worth *less* than an M6/M7. I think going back
to the old-fashion rewind crank was nuts. But to each own, and if enough
people buy the MPs it will be good for Leica, so by all means...

As for the Epson, that is not a relevant comparison. If you want a
digital camera on which to use your M lenses, the Epson is the only game
in town and prices reflect that. Once Leica or Zeiss come out with their
digital models (if that ever happens), then the price of the Epson will
gravitate down to where it should be, somewhere between 1000 and 1500 EUR.

Richard wrote:

> Wow, I thought I would hate it, but... after 4 rolls (in 5 days) it
> works just fine. Take ~46 turns to get it all rewind. No problem at all,
> and the auto-tensioning is nice.
> I hope I don't sound too much like a Leica apologist, but it really is a
> nice machine. Is it worth twice as much as an M6? Probably not, but then
> again, neither is the Epson... What matters I guess is that I am having
> a lot of fun playing with B&W films and developing them. It's always so
> exciting when the time is up, and you get to open the tank and the
> moment of truth....
> // richard (This email is for mailing lists. To reach me directly,
> please use richard at

Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands

General photography:
Seville photography:
Stock photography:
Prints for sale:

Replies: Reply from luisripoll at (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] the MP rewind crank...)