Subject: [Leica] the best M body ...
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (nathan.wajsman@planet.nl)
Date: Wed Aug 3 05:41:40 2005

Steve,

Since 1998, I have owned an M3, M6 (both TTL and classic), and M7. The
M3 was in the high 900,000s but short of 1 million. It was undoubtedly
an extremely pleasant and smooth camera, but keep in mind that by the
time I bought it had been thoroughly "broken in" over several decades.

>From the point of view of reliability and functionality, my favorite of
this stable was the M6 non-TTL with the 0.85 viewfinder. It never
suffered from the alleged rangefinder flare and its long rangefinder
base put in on virtual par with an M3 in terms of focusing accuracy. And
even though we know that real men eat sushi, drink single malts and have
no need for a light meter, I did find the lack of a built-in meter in
the M3 a nuisance.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Almere, Netherlands