Subject: [Leica] about the howard dean thing
From: brad at bradbrad.com (brad daly)
Date: Mon Aug 1 20:55:27 2005

so there's a problem.  the reporter i'm accompanying, who will be
writing for one of our local alt-weeklies, the birmingham weekly, is
pissed because dean's people are only giving him 5 minutes.  in what
seems to me to be retaliation, he has decided to take along an
assistant with a bell and do an interview in a format copied from
some TV show: 20 questions in 5 minutes, ringing the bell after 10
seconds of dean's answers.  earlier i questioned the wisdom of doing
this, and the reporter responded with something along the lines of
"fuck 'em if they can't take a joke."  i'm actually thinking of
begging off because i'm really not interested in being part of some
amateurish, sophomoric fiasco.  (alabama's already all but irrelevant
to the democratic party, and i don't think acting like a bunch of
hipster assholes to the party chairman is going to help.)  plus, i
like and admire howard dean and really don't want to be part of
insulting him.

any advice?  perhaps i'm overreacting.

--brad

--
brad daly
brad@bradbrad.com

What Would Bill Hicks Say?

"Patriotism is the willingness to kill and be killed for trivial
reasons."
     --Bertrand Russell

Replies: Reply from chandos at cox.net (Chandos Michael Brown) ([Leica] about the howard dean thing)
Reply from s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov) ([Leica] about the howard dean thing)