Subject: [Leica] Shhhh....Canon Rumors abound
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon Aug 1 17:56:50 2005

C'mon Christopher,

Canon is probably replacing the 20D with a 10MP camera that will
effectively compete with the D2X in image but not in construction
quality.  With rebates on the 20D and the availability getting very
tight you know that they have stopped production on the 20D and are
ramping up whatever is replacing it.

I suspect that the 1DsMkII is not feeling any pain as it is still
heavily backordered.

Photokina is the time to upgrade the 1DMkII as it is also still
selling very briskly, with supplies adequate but not plentiful.

We will know if Canon will stick with the FF sensor if they upgrade
the 16-35 in the next year or so.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com