Subject: [Leica] Leitz IIIc, IIIf, and IIIg Cameras
From: sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner)
Date: Thu Jul 28 17:14:05 2005

Listen up, all you who have been on this thread. Marc James has a virtual
encyclopaedia of good information in this post. I take issue with only one
of his factual statements and one opinion.

The wounded WWII veterans brought into the post-war workforce who formed the
core of the extraordinarily skilled Leitz factory workers were born between
1918 and 1925. In the late 60's they were in their very early 50's or
younger. Retirement and the effect on Leitz' manufacturing skills was not
felt until the mid-1970's at the earliest, not the later 1960's.

As between IIIc and IIIf, in my view there is no choice. Marc acknowledges
that immediate post-war materials affected the IIIc's; he is right. No such
problem with the IIIf's, even the black dials. And Marc, have you ever
weighed the internal self-timer and flash synchronizer of the IIIf? An
ounce? And much, much  less weight than the separate add-on devices, APDOO
self-timer and Kontakt flash units. And much less fuss. IIIf a much better
choice.

Thanks, Marc, for an otherwise very useful factual report.

Seth