Subject: [Leica] Re: Richard's fourth RD-1 (WAS: We had company)
From: masonster at gmail.com (David Mason)
Date: Wed Jul 27 19:36:05 2005

On 7/27/05, Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@planet.nl> wrote:
> Sorry, but I find it amazing that anyone would accept having to send in
> a camera for repair/replacement 3 times and then accept that he has to
> adjust the rangefinder on the 4th body--and all that while taking on
> average 1500 or so images with each camera? If your experience is
> typical, then I can only conclude that the RD1 is a $3K piece of junk.
> If it is not, then you are certainly the most tolerant customer I have
> ever heard about in any business. If I had this type of trouble, I would
> track down the Cosina distributor and organize a public destruction of
> the camera in front of their building, a la Ted Grant with one of his
> Leicas that also had QC problems.

I can't agree more with you Nathan - the more I hear from the RD1
owners on this list about that problems, the more I am sure a) I
wouldn't get one b) wouldn't be so nice to Epson about those problems.

Dave

Replies: Reply from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard) ([Leica] Re: Richard's fourth RD-1 (WAS: We had company))
Message from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard) ([Leica] We had company)
Message from nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Re: Richard's fourth RD-1 (WAS: We had company))