Subject: [Leica] We had company
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Mon Jul 25 23:30:40 2005

Peter, as we go way back, you know I still have my OM-4T in the drawer with
half a dozen of lenses. I have thoughts about selling the 40/2 and others
to fund some Leica lust, but decided against it. Anyway, I have a number of
friends who got the 20D, 350XT, and even a couple 1Ds, D70 etc. For me
though, I bought the R-D1 and never wish I have a DSLR. I guess if I shoot
more sports or other things than SLR excels in, it would be different, but
the R-D1 satisfies my meager needs for a digital camera. The QC issues are
real. I am REALLY happy that I can adjust the vertical VF without sending
this last camera (my 4th one) in. All told, I took > 2000 pics on this one
already, meaning I have taken ~6000-7000 on four R-D1s since I bought the
first one last Thanksgiving. Most are crap pictures of course but it works
as well as any digital RF can, at least until Leica releases its mega
expensive M-D1 or the fabled Zeiss Ikon (we can only hope).

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Re: Richard's fourth RD-1 (WAS: We had company))