Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica DMR: a test
From: firkin at balhpl01.ncable.net.au (firkin)
Date: Tue Jul 26 16:17:14 2005

F?lix L?pez de Maturana writes:

> perfect
> integration with Leica lenses although they have tested the combo with the
> excellent 28-90 Vario Elmar instead of the superlative 21-35mm which seems
> IMHO the *standard* lens for the R8/9+DMR

Let me give a plug to the 28-90: I recently choose this lens for my trip to
Europe. With film, it was a great user: so much so, that the 21-35 hardly
came out. I am considering selling the later and using a fixed superwide in
future. So far the results on print are impressive as well, but I'm only
starting the job of image creation. I take your point with the DMR and
magnification, that the 28-90 might be less useful as a "standard".

Cheers
Alastair Firkin
www.afirkin.com
www.familyofman2.com