Subject: [Leica] Re: OT travel question--thanks
From: mstoesz at wyoming.com (Mike Stoesz)
Date: Mon Jul 25 18:33:35 2005

Thanks to all on this list who have helped with my travel question.  I
looks like we are going to play it by feel and stop the first night
when we get tired.  I hope we can make it to Scranton or at least
Binghamton but may need to stop nearer Hartford or somewhere in
western Mass.

I wish we could take the time this trip to "see the sights" but we
must be back in Wyoming by Sunday evening.

For those who are wondering about this trip here are the details.
My daughter has been doing her university honors thesis research in
Cape Breton for the past 3 months.  The only flight I could book on my
"free miles" was on Aug 3 and we need to be back for various reasons
by Aug 7.  This means 4 days to travel nearly 2500+ miles.

I arrive at Halifax airport about 2300 hours and we drive to Digby to
catch the 0500 ferry to St.Johns, NB.  which arrives at 0800.  We then
drive to Calais, ME., Bangor, Portland, Worcester, Mass. and as far as
we can stand to drive in shifts that day.

Our target stop the second day is Goshen, IN to visit with an old
friend.
Third day to Council Bluffs, Ia or Omaha; and then home to Laramie, Wy
by Sunday afternoon.

I will be carrying only one camera and two lenses to record any
noteworthy sights as opportunity presents itself.  Don Dory has seen
this camera at PMA a couple years ago, it is a 1934 Leica Standard
with 50 Elmar.  The extra lens is a 25mm Canon.  My film of choice for
this trip is 20 out-of-date Kodak Panatomic-X rated at EI of 10.

Thanks to all who have so thoughtfully contributed their thoughts and
suggestions for the trip.

Kind Regards,

Mike

Mike Stoesz, VP