Subject: [Leica] Computer help!!!
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu Jul 21 06:28:00 2005

Frank -

Thanks.  That is more or less what I'm trying now.  I've got a brand new
drive in the C position and have loaded only the operating system on
it.  I've got my two "broken" drives hooked up in the D and E
positions.  The Computer Management software in Windows XP tells me that
those hard drives need to be formatted.  Using my Norton Ghost boot CD, I
can access the "broken" hard drives, though, and am using "Copy One Hard
Drive to Another" to copy the D drive onto an external hard drive in the
hope that I will be able to recover the information before I reformat the
drives.  It's 82% finished right now and I've got my fingers crossed that
I'll be able to save everything on the external hard drive.

Tina