Subject: [Leica] kids... !
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Jul 16 17:06:11 2005

> lessen the shadows under her eyes and separate her pupils a bit from her
> irises.<<<

Eric,
For crying out loud get real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I have to de-lurk on this one and I'll pay for it both here at home
and on the screen, although on the screen the chances are limited I'll see
any Reponses! However, if she who must be obeyed catches me screwing around
here, let alone saying anything and being on the screen quite frankly I'll
be in deep shit!

Basically for the moment I have been ordered to take life easy. But damn it,
this is the stupidest comment on a picture of a child that happens in
split-seconds and your telling the photographer he should ... >>>reflect
some light into her face to lessen the shadows under her eyes and separate
her pupils a bit from her irises.<<<

I'm sorry that's bull shit when it's an instant of happening and the great
reaction of a fine photographer who grabs the instant moment. Hell if you
were shooting under identical conditions and you'd shot this, you'd have
been only too glad you had a photograph as good as this.

OK if you are messing around on a "studio shoot" and have exactly every bit
of control I might agree with your comments. But let's get real and realize
this is a split second life moment and a grab shot!

But surely under the circumstance of a quick instant moment and you're
suggesting correcting light?  Get real, life isn't like that in uncontrolled
life moments!

Your comment is bloody nonsense under the circumstances, although well
meaning!!

ted

Replies: Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] kids... !)
Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] kids... THIS IS AN OPEN APOLOGY! !)