Subject: [Leica] [OT] Now that the Olympus C-8080 has been discontinued...
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Tue Jul 12 21:03:16 2005

I second Don's suggestion of the Canon G6. That is what I use as my
pocket camera now. It helps that I live in a climate where you wear
jackets most of the year, since it really is not pocketable in a shirt
pocket. The lens is reasonably fast (f2-f3 depending on focal length),
the camera can do RAW, and the manual settings are reasonably easy to
access and use. Those were my requirements. Like all P&S cameras, it
does come with compromises, chief among them being the small sensor
which means that highest ISO is only 400, and at that speed it has more
noise than my Canon 20D at 1600.

Nathan