Subject: [Leica] Re: On Leica Today
From: montoid at earthlink.net (Montie)
Date: Tue Jul 12 20:45:39 2005

On Jul 12, 2005, at 1:02 PM, Luis Miguel Casta?eda wrote:

> I think that the quietness of the M shutter is much more a myth
> than a reality unless it's compared with an old pro reflex
> workhorse. Today, and when the M was launched, many cameras are
> quieter.

I think the great advantage of the M series is that it doesn't make
the stereotypical sound
of a SLR that you hear in the movies and everywhere else. It's just
this odd 'snick!' that most
people's brains don't correlate to anything specific.

Feli
---------
True, the M is famous for fitting the no noise bill when needed,
that said, it's my firm belief that many photographers are far more
sensitive to shutter noise than are their subjects!

Montie