Subject: [Leica] Re:More comments: how do you use your images
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Mon Jul 11 15:33:37 2005

F?lix L?pez de Maturana wrote:

>> I am hoping to stimulate a bit more discussion on this topic: why do
>> you take the images, what do you do with them, how big do you print,
>> how do you print, why do you print etc

I take photos for a variety of reasons.

(i) I love taking photos
(ii) to try and capture the moment, or perhaps the view that I see of the
world
at a particular instant.
(iii) to show to friends, family - and of course the LUG, maybe one day to
exhibit
(iv) to record something which may be gone soon. Despite our proximity to
London
there is real country around here - although I don't know how long much of
it
will remain. And the complement of that is that it is a world which is in
change, partly rural, partly ruralised urban types; both facets try to come
terms with the other which itself is intersting.

What do I shoot:

Mostly "landscapes" whatever that may actually mean.

Events - that I go to and where I think that there is often something of
interest.

cars - oh well

People? yes, but not as portraits; generally in the street.

Oh yes and I must say that haviong as diverse a group as the LUG to show to
means that I often find myself asking, "would the guys in Co, Ca, India, NZ,
Oz
etc. be interested in that...?"

Peter Dzwig

Replies: Reply from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] Re:More comments: how do you use your images)