Subject: [Leica] Curious about enlargements made by LUG forum members
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Sat Jul 9 05:39:12 2005

Scott,

I print everything (almost) with inkjet now-a-days. I print mostly A4
(approx. 8x10) but quite a lot of A3 as well (twice as big).

I still have a darkroom, but I honestly do not use it very much any
more. In fact, I get better prints from inkjet than I got in the
darkroom (I'm a little too social to hide in the darkroom for hours at
a time anymore, so I don't have the patience).

I'm doing an exhibit in Sept/Oct and I haven't fully decided. I just
might go in to the darkroom for that. Otherwise, for routine every
week (day) printing, it's inkjet, all the way.

There is a "lug print exchange" group, about 17 of us, I think, who
exchange prints. There's all kinds: traditional darkroom prints
(beautiful prints) and digital prints (beautiful prints).

In the long run, what matters is a routine that will make it easy for
you to make a lot of prints. There's no point with all this
photography unless you get prints out. I routinely do a scan and pull
out a proof, so I have prints all over the place.

Daniel