Subject: [Leica] just souped...
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Tue Jul 5 21:58:07 2005

Eric,
The black spots ... I haven't a clue. I can say that I had the same
experience with Agfa APX films once upon a time, in my Rolleis. Of
course I thought it must have been quality control or something like
that (I surely wouldn't do anything wrong :-) ), but it turned out
that it didn't have anything to do with the film.

I was given advice to take some tape and dab it around in the taking
chamber of my camera. The theory was that it was dust settling on the
film and then blocking development. (They were black spots in the
positve, not in the negative).

I did that and I rolled a lint remover around in my changing bag and I
haven't had any more problems. Changing bags can be a real culprit. A
lot of crap settles in them (dead skin, etc).

Anyway, it could be something that just happens to make it look like
there's a problem with Acros. Keep an eye on it. One time is not
decisive, but if it consistently happens with only Acros, ... well ...
there's always Delta 100 :-)

Toy: Still not here. I blush to say it. The decision to get it was
_not_ rational. (Burning cheeks) ... it's a Leica, and it's not a
digital one :-)

Daniel

Replies: Reply from ericm at pobox.com (Eric) ([Leica] just souped...)
Message from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] just souped...)