Subject: [Leica] Speaking of medium format, Folders
From: langeratcarleton at gmail.com (Mark Langer)
Date: Mon Jul 4 11:45:15 2005

I just traded away my 2x3 Century Graphic.  A real beauty,  with the
burgundy bellows and grey body covering.  Versatile too, with
interchangable roll backs (6x6 and 6x9) and the possibility of
interchangable lenses.  The Ektars for these are great lenses too.
Option of rangefinder, sports finder or ground glass focussing.  Mine
had the 1/800th sec. Supermatic shutter too.  Great camera, but
compared to other (albeit less versatile) folders, it was too big a
package for me.  If you are going that big, you may as well go with a
Bronica or Hasselblad, IMHO.  Any Leica user can slip a 6x9 Bessa II
or a Super Ikonta III into their bag and not notice the difference in
weight.  Can't really say the same about the Century Graphic, let
alone its 4x5 big brother.  Folders, yes. But compact folders?

Mark