Subject: [Leica] Speaking of medium format, I've picked up a 1954Rolleicord...
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sat Jul 2 13:24:28 2005

I have to agree with Mark.... Hassy stuff has gone so far down in price that
to say that is has dropped 1/2 in 3 years, is a low estimate.  And what
lenses are becoming available... the 250 Super Achromat, the 30mm Distagon,
120 MakroPlanar are now available at prices that are truly 1/2 of last
years' prices.  These lenses are simply among the best there ever was...
The stuff is out there, in great shape, at bargain prices.

The other camera stuff that is out there, cheap, is the Leica R stuff.  I
can not believe how cheap it is, especially compared to the M stuff.

On the TLR front, I had ( in high school) a Rolleiflex E3 with a Xenotar 3.5
lens.  To this day, I marvel at the quality of negatives I made using that
lens. I am really sorry I sold that one....

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from sdp35 at cwazy.co.uk (Craig Zeni) ([Leica] Speaking of medium format, I've picked up a 1954Rolleicord...)
Reply from feli2 at earthlink.net (feli) ([Leica] Speaking of medium format, I've picked up a 1954Rolleicord...)