Subject: [Leica] Re:where oh where is the DMR now Canon
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Jul 2 12:24:23 2005

On 7/2/05 12:12 PM, "Tina Manley" <images@infoave.net> typed:

> At 10:31 PM 7/1/2005, you wrote:
>> I know nothing about stock so I hate to be looking like I'm going against
>> Tina who is of course involved with it intensely;
>> Mark Rabiner
>
> Not against me, Mark, but against the agencies.  I totally believe that
> smaller digital files and scans will work perfectly even for billboard
> sized prints.  That's just a matter of viewing distance.  8MB is more than
> enough for magazines.  But tell that to the agencies.  Most of them accept
> only 50MB files and up.
>
> Tina
>
> Tina Manley, ASMP
> www.tinamanley.com

Sounds like a great thing For the PHOTO DISTRICT NEWS (PDN) to do a thing
on.
A two page spread chart, a survey of top stock agencies.
The formats they want and other specs along those lines.
They'd probably put stuff in there involving the general financial end..
And all that buyout stuff which I hear is ruining the whole stock thing for
many people.
And subject matter. And general size of total collection.
And who owns it Gates or Getty.

Now that I'm finally now getting interested in the whole stock angle at the
age of 54 it seems the "golden age of the stock photographer" may be over.
Bummer.

That's a thread for a different hour.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/

Replies: Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Re:where oh where is the DMR now Canon)